Wednesday, December 9, 2009

B-West & DeSean's Craniums

Well, the two most explosive Eagles have recently been sidelined due to their brains shaking inside their heads. When you think about it don't concussions just sound crazy!? Here's how you feel:

"Yes, I blacked out. I mean that guy hit me so hard that my brain was shaking (literally). Now, I feel like I'm going to puke and I have terrible headaches."

I don't know about you, but that sounds awful to me! We as humans seem to have figured out that our brain is our most important organ. Honestly, we have a think skull encasing our brain! There are no bone casings around our lungs, or even our heart! How has it taken doctors and athletes this long to figure this out and address this issue seriously? The NFL has been so worried about quarterback's health and good looks for the league's own personal revenue that they have forgotten to look at what happens to their retirees 10-30 years down the road. Now you've got players from the 70's and 80's who can barely remember past 2 days, are as depressed as Tiger Woods on Thanksgiving, and function like a 95 year old.

I believe Desean Jackson's concussion came because of a terribly unfortunate hit across the middle. DeSean is a deep threat that runs posts, double move routes, and end arounds all game. He has a much lower chance of getting another concussion than Westbrook. B-West is continually running through traffic, catching blind screens, and blocking linebackers running at full speed. On top of this, Westbrook had two concussions in 3 weeks, so he's obviously prone to this type of thing.

If I'm Brian Westbrook, I'm the next Tiki Barber and catching the express train out of the NFL. I wouldn't put my pads back on ever again. He has millions of dollars and can invest it now and be financially secure for the rest of his life. His career has been successful enough that he could work in sports or TV immediately.

Desean, on the other hand, dude just needs to run...stop cutting across the middle at flying linebackers 2x his size! He'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment